Thursday, November 18, 2010

It's time I confess...

Hello. My name is Alaina, and I'm...well, I'm an addict. I feel it's best that I not mess with my karma while I'm out here, and so after battling a moral dilemma to face my demons publicly or not, I have decided to let you all know I'm addicted to (wait for it)...scootering. There. I said it. Take me or leave me as I am. Thd choice is yours.

It bit me like one of the hundreds of Mosquitos here on this island, and yet
it was so much more sneaky. I was simply lying there, restless on the beach, attempting to fit in with the rest of the westerners as we all were competing (silently of course) to achieve the best, most bass-ass watch tan, when I heard something calling my name. It was summoning me much in the sAme way that Herbie (right?) summoned his victim. I lost all control and before I knew it I fully clothed again, saddling up, strapping on my shiny red helmet (imagine the least cool beetle looking bucket-like piece of plastic you can muster up), and revving the engine to what seemed like the sexiest grrrrrowl ever (I know it was really more of a gurggle but work with me here).
"Good morning, Commander. My name is, Matilda. Name you poison today, Rocky."
yes, she spoke to me. Matilda was such the perfect blend of "I mean business" and, "I'm z total tool so don't take me too seriously." a
Aha! just like me! We clicked. We sped up
and down the coastline, weaving b/w traffic like I was born to drive on the left side of the road, politely tooting my horn to warn people of the inexperienced manic about to overtake them. We only had one, (well two really if you count me almost swerving off the road to dodge the elephant dung) "close calls" which i would brag is a decent record. Simply put,
Matilda and I were one for the past 8 hours. Which, technically speaking, means she's still mine for another 16 hours. This would explain why I haven't yet forked over the keys back to the rightful owner. I mean, What if I decide at 3am that we need to bond again or that I need a BengBeng fix (if you haven't had one, put it on your bucket list...now. Really, go on. I'll wait) at the closest 7/11. I mean, the oppotunitites for another fix (ahem, I mean ride) b/w now and when I leave the dear island at 7am are endless. So for now, I'll hold the key to Matilda's engine since she seems to have stolen the key to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment